The Raah Initiative
Provides Returning Citizens with information and skills to help with their community reintegration. The program is for Returning Citizens who have:
- Less than 1 year until release or have been on conditional release in the community for 6 months or less, and longer.
- Have identified gaps in their community functioning.
Goal of Raah Initiative
The program aims to reduce risk and increase offender accountability. Targets for the program include:
- Decrease the stress associated with community living.
- Improve transition from institution to community.
- Give offenders a chance to evaluate their lifestyle and develop goals.
- Increase awareness of community resources.
Raah Initiative helps men offenders:
- Find and maintain employment.
- Develop community supports and networks.
- Learn how to go about everyday living in the community.
- Time Management
- Goal Setting
- Problem Solving
- Money Management
- Healthy Social Skills
- Housing Assistance
- Employment and Community Support and Resources